April & May Science Experiments

We picked animals to research and filled out report sheets on them (this is Fritz’s report on the blobfish).
April & May Science Experiments

We filled out some cladograms.
April & May Science Experiments

We solved a puzzle using a dichotomous key.
April & May Science Experiments

We looked at the bacteria in yogurt under the microscope. We left out a bit of yogurt overnight and then looked at it. We discovered there were a lot more bacteria on the slide the second day.
April & May Science Experiments

We identified whether plants from our yard were monocots or dicots.
April & May Science Experiments

We looked at a monocot and a dicot under the microscope.
April & May Science Experiments

We identified the body parts of a cockroach. We were supposed to do the same with a spider, but after months of watching for spiders, we never caught one (and only saw a few very tiny ones)!
April & May Science Experiments

We cut a banana in half lengthwise and put the halves in ziploc baggies. We added 1 teaspoon of yeast to one bag and sealed them up squeezing as much air out as possible. The yeast digested the banana into a soupy mess while the plain banana stayed firm and puffed up the bag a bit. (Cameron’s and my hypotheses about what would happen were completely wrong, but Fritz’s was right.)
April & May Science Experiments

We examined a mushroom and identified the parts and then dissected it.
April & May Science Experiments

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s