We’ve been doing Five in a Row for three weeks now. It’s been fun. It’s nice light school. We’ve done The Story About Ping, Lentil, and Madeline so far. We have yet to actually do it 5 days of the week and Cameron is sick of reading the same book every day by Wednesday (though by Friday he is enjoying it again). It would take a lot to make it reasonable for the main part of school for a child Ani’s age I think, but for pseudo-breaks, I love it and so do my big kids!
- Ani and Cameron were playing, pretending Fritz was their child. The conversation (said in proper sophistocated voices):
Ani: I’m pregnant.
Cameron: Again? So soon?
Ani: It’s my due date.
Cameron: But how?!?!
- Fritz knocked over the vacuum and was very upset by it falling in front of him. He calmed down immediately when I picked him up. Later he sat about 2 feet away from the vacuum and pointed at it and shook his fist at it and told it off completely.
- Fritz had a 4″x3″ piece of paper in his hand and I told him not to put it in his mouth. After a bit he put it in his mouth so I got up to take it from him. He immediately stuck it under his leg and laughed when I reached right for where it was.
- I was reading a Thomas the Train book to the kids. Fritz looked at the pictures and started laughing and touching and kissing Thomas’s face.
- A tree limb in front of our house had broken but was stuck in the tree still and Ani and Cameron excitedly watched the workers get the limb down.
I just love these kids!
Fritz is no longer toothless. His first tooth popped through today. Ani and I got our first teeth at about the same ages and Jamie and the boys got their first teeth at about the same ages.
Me – 5 months 3 weeks 5 days
Ani – 5 months 2 weeks 1 day
Jamie – 7 months 3 weeks 5 days
Cameron – 8 months 3 days
Fritz – 8 months 1 week 2 days
I was talking to Cameron tonight and I told him he really needs to work on being nicer to his big sister. His reply was “That’s just not really my talent.”
Cameron: The recycle bin is empty.
Me: I hope not. It was full the last time I saw it because Daddy brought home all the recyclables from work.
Cameron: It’s empty of space.
Me: Oh. Because it’s full.
Cameron: Right. It’s empty.
…Jamie got his hair cut.
Today Ani and Cameron (mostly Cameron) worked on building a hut to sit in to go birdwatching. They only used things from around our tiny backyard. (The horse included… for some reason it has been outside for a couple weeks now.)